North Kildonan Feedermain Connections and Valve Chambers
J-CON is currently performing this project valued at just under $1 million. Project highlights include two cast in place concrete chambers and 24" water transmission piping in HDPE, PVC, Fusion coated steel, Ductile Iron, and PCCP materials.
17 Wing Airforce Base Watermain Renewal
J-CON was contracted by Defence Construction Canada to complete this project valued at approximately $600,000 to upgrade and renew existing Watermain and Valves.
Fountain Tire Storm Sewer
J-Con Civil Ltd. performed the following work for the construction of the Fountain Tire on Inksbrook Boulevard in Winnipeg:
- Installation of 5 Catch Basins
- 350 lineal meters of storm sewer piping
- Tie into existing 750mm City of Winnipeg Storm Main
- Trenchless road crossing under Inksbrook with no traffic interruption
Brady Landfill Gas Collection System
J-CON completed the following works at the Brady Landfill valued at approximately $1.2 million:
- Supply and Install 2400mm Condensate Pumping Chamber, Yard Piping and Tie In to Existing Leachate System.
- Construction of 42 well head assemblies.
- Installation of sublateral piping using open cut and trenchless installation methods.
- Construction of 9 Pumped Condensate Drain Traps.
In this project, J-Con Civil Ltd. performed the following scope of work:
- Removal and replacement of approximately 6.1 meters of 14" Steel Discharge Piping including fabricating/supplying custom flanges on each side.
- Fabrication and installation of two steel pipe supports anchored to existing concrete supports.
- Removal and replacement of existing deteriorated concrete support block.
- Epoxy coating of supports and piping.
All work was performed within a confined space and on an aggressive schedule just before the spring melting season when the station is normally active. J-Con finished right on schedule, making the station ready for the city to operate just in time for the March snow melt.